|Photo by Msadriano|
- It was an essential part of Heavenly Father's Plan to receive a body so that we could become like Him and that we might experience joy (2 Ne 2:25).
- We came to earth to receive a mortal body not a perfect body.
- We were created in God's image (Moses 6:9).
- "Your body becomes an instrument of your mind and the foundation of your character. Through life in a mortal body you can learn to control matter, and that will be very important to you through all eternity" (President Packer).
- "Each organ is a wondrous gift from God." (President Nelson).
- There is backup for every organ in the body, the body defends itself, repairs itself, renews itself, heals itself, and regulates itself (President Nelson).
- "The purpose of the body is to help us learn, progress, serve, and glorify the Giver of the gift: God" (The Body A Sacred Gift).
As we come to understand the principles of why our mortal bodies are so important we can come to accept and appreciate and love our own bodies, even when they are imperfect or giving us challenges.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kelsi is a twenty-something, recent college graduate, in transition. She blogs about the transitions in her life at kelsboo.blogspot.com.