used to have "themed" days to our Summer.
- Library Day - we participated in the summer reading program, activities and checked out books at our local library.
- Water Day - go to the pool, run through the sprinklers or toss some water balloons around.
- Movie Day - hit the dollar theater or take a walk to the video store and rent some movies.
- Park Day - Explore all the Parks in your town
- Adventure Day - the skies the limit
- Cleaning Day - After all this fun, we have to clean up sometime!
The activities planned within these themes did not take the whole day, but they gave my children something to do and look forward to on a daily basis. I have a friend on Facebook who is sharing her ABC's of Summer. Twenty-six days of ABC adventures. On her B day she took her children to the Botanical Gardens...How about C - baking Cupcakes? I know where I would go for Z day!
What about you?
What do you do to chase away the summer boredom blues?
- - - - - - -
Lisa is the mother to one Air Force Son, one Missionary Son and one Sophomore in High School daughter. She has been married for 24 years to her best friend and blogs at That's What She Said...
Photo by Lisa